Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Fun with markers

Okay, so a few days ago, I was working and called home to check in right about the time Aaron got home from Preschool with Maddox. I asked how Maddox did in school, and he said, well, he kinda got into trouble with the markers. Now usually, that entails Maddox coloring all over his hands, or his knees (yeah, I don't know). But today, he apparently colored his eyes! Teacher Barb said she tried to wash it off, but had a hard time. I didn't know if I should laugh or be upset, cause as soon as Aaron told me what he had done, I knew why. That morning, I was getting ready for work, and Maddox came in just as I was putting on mascara. Now, he's seen me do this before, but that morning he was very inquisitive.

Maddox: Why are you painting your eyes black?

Me: That's what mommies do so they don't look tired.

Maddox: Made a funny face... (Didn't seem satisfied with that answer)

Me: It just a mommy thing. Just like daddy's have to shave their whiskers, mommies make their eyelashes look longer. 

Maddox: But what is it?

Me: It's mommy's make-up.

Maddox: But I want boy make-up

Me: Well, if you put on make-up, I think you would look silly like a clown.  It's just a mommy thing. You don't want to look silly do you?


Well apparently, he did! His explanation to me when I got home....

Maddox: Well, I wanted to look like a clown, so I just colored my eyes. 

Hmmm, I think my lesson learned is to be more careful with the words I pick. Apparently, little boys WANT to look like clowns!


2 comments:

Rebecca said...

Don't you remember how EXCITING clowns were when you were a kid? Maybe you should have him watch IT! j/k!!

Unknown said...

I have to say I have never had that problem with any of my kids (knock on wood) I was laughing out loud when I saw the pictures :)