Tuesday, February 10, 2009

What is this?

I was going to wait until she was 6 months, but Reese has really shown an interest in eating. She stares at all of us when we're at the table eating, and has even started reaching at my spoon. Had this look on her face, like, when do I get some? She also sits up really well and is just about 5 months, so I thought we would try some delicious Gerber rice cereal. 

I think this first picture sums up her initial reaction. Kinda like, WHAT in the world is this? 


Not sure what to do with it. She kind of just let it sit for a while. Probably confused by all the flashing lights going off at the same time.

Eventually, she got the hang of it. I'll let her get used to this for a while, then the vegetables. I'm going to be mean and hold off on the tasty bananas and peaches until she's tried (and learned to like) most of the vegetables. I did that with Maddox, but not Griffin, and I really think it makes a difference down the road. Maddox will eat his broccoli FIRST, and then everything else. Griffin won't even eat a carrot, let alone anything green.

4 comments:

Cathryn said...

She is so adorable. She looks like she eats ALL the time.

Rebecca said...

She dosn't look like she needs any more food.....ha ha :-) Very cute and I just want to cuddle with her. Miss her lots!

Dave and Corey Johnson said...

Coop, I found Cathryn's blog and then saw she had your blog. This is so much fun to find out. I didn't know you had a girl. How is it having 3 kids? All of your kids are darling. Yea now I can really keep in touch with you. Are you coming to Utah anytime soon?

Maggie and Heath said...

Seriously funny pictures! She wants the good stuff! Mmm, mashed banana's :) My fave!!